Wherever you buy you will need to consider
1. Most importantly if looking for property, take a note pad and pens, every where you go you will find you bump into people when you are out and about or see a Vende sign with a contact telephone number.
2. I bought a small digital camera with video facility just before I went to Sal, I didn't have time to learn about how it worked until the second day into the holiday, and that was just the basics. I had been advised to buy a much bigger memory card if I was to take some video, which I did. The camera really came in handy for taking photographs of buildings and video recording the layout; it helped me when comparing some of the apartments I was interested in. Unfortunately I deleted some footage thinking I wouldn’t be needing it, I wished I hadn’t. Next time I will have learnt to reduce the pixels which will allow me to take more pictures and video using the same memory card.
3. A number of developers are now including Agents fees in the sale price of a property, but not sure if that's all of them, its worth while finding out. You may get a better deal if not going through an Agent.
4. If you do meet people who have bought and they say it is the bees knees or the best thing since sliced bread, just keep in mind that some people haven't done any proper research, and they may only have been here for a week. They may have bought somewhere that they were told was the best investment opportunity, so please just be wary, but do follow any leads up, it may meet your needs, or not!!!
5. Most people that are looking to buy are looking for the best investment.