UTILITY CONNECTION - Vila Verde - by BOA VISTA PROPERTY SERVICES LIMITADA
ELECTRIC AND WATER CONNECTIONS
The following letter is sent out by Trevor Wilson at Boavista Property Services Limitada:
Dear Vila Verde owner,
Boavista Property Services Liitada isnow offering a service to organise the connection of your electric and water.
“Electra” is the only company to provide electric here on Sal and more often than not they also provide the water as well.
To arrange a connection from the UK is very difficult but we aim to help you through this process.
Electra requires the following if the client is not here in person:
1. A notarised (note 1) copy of the clients passport (or both in the case of a joint application)
2. A notarised letter in Portuguese giving power of attorney for us to act on your behalf (note 2)
3. A notarised application form to Electra in Portuguese giving us authority to act on your behalf (note 2)
4. An application form itemising what appliances will be used in the apartment/townhouse/villa
5. Inspection of the electrical layout of the apartment
6. A connection fee of €100.00
We will send you the relevant documents which need to be completed and then taken to a notary in the UK to be notarised. A copy of the clients passport (or both in the case of a joint application) is required and this also requires notarising. Please ensure that the notary stamps and signs every document, a covering letter is not acceptable.
Scan and send us (to the email address above) the notarised copy of your passport(s), the letter giving us authority to act on your behalf and the power of attorney document. We charge €200.00 for this service, this covers the connection fee and our expenses (note 3).
We will then organise the connection of your electric and water. The process can take some time but we will do our utmost to get the connection organised as soon as possible.
(1) A notary is someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document’s validity and to take depositions. Details of your nearest notary office can be found by viewing the notary website: www.thenotariessociety.org.uk Speak to your nearest notary and establish a cost for this service, approximately €100.00 should be expected.
(2) We have also sent versions in English for your reference.
(3) We will send you our bank details once we have recieved you have submitted your details on the Enquiry Form below. Payment may be made in Euros or Sterling (Fees must be paid if paying in Euros) To establish the exchange rate please go to www.xe.com
*Please add your name as a reference when making a payment*