• More news

  • Just login, its free!!!!

VISA - What types of Tourist Visa can I get while on Sal Island?

Update 2019 - Please note:

  • 1. The 30 day tourist entry visa for European passport holders, UK nationals and some other nationals has been waived as of 1st January 2019.
  • 2. As of January 1st 2019 a new TSA Airport Security Tax was introduced for visitors into Cape Verde. Some people will be exempt from paying the 31e TSA tax on entry. More info available in this pdf:
  • {module_literature filter="item" itemId="143480"}

Other nationals:

If you know you don't have a 30 day tourist entry visa before arriving at Sal Airport, then on entry into the airport building make to the far desk on the left side  and wait to be dealt with by the officer at that counter. Have your passport ready and 25 euros. If you don't have Euros they may allow you to use the ATM on the other side of Passport Control (PC) and Customs to withdraw cash in Euros or in Cape Verde Escudos.

If you know or think you had pre-paid for a tourist entry visa to Cape Verde, or thought it had been organised for you, but the Officer at PC can't find your name on their system, you will still have to pay 25 Euros, you may also have to pay the 31 Euros TSA tax. After paying, keep your visa-receipt and follow this up with the tour rep and when you return home. You can contact the Cape Verde Embassy in Brussels to obtain further information.

If you are in Cape Verde, you can apply to extend your stay if you intend to be in Cape Verde longer than 30 days. You will need to provide documentation to support your extended stay, before you will be issued with a visa. You can apply for a visa at the National Police station.


Marriage Blessings - Sal

Investing in Property



List your business or service.